Saturday, April 17, 2010
8 ounces linguine pasta
2 chicken breasts
2 tsp cajun seasoning
2 T butter
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green onion, chopped
1 c heavy cream
Cajun Seasoning to taste (1 Tablespoon-ish)
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Place chicken breasts in a baggie with cajun seasoning (see recipe below). Shake until covered.
3. Cook chicken in frying pan over medium to medium-high heat or cook chicken on a grill over high heat until cooked through. Remove chicken, slice into strips, and set aside.
4. Melt butter in frying pan used to cook chicken (no need to clean it). Saute bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion. Return sliced chicken to pan.
5. Add cajun seasoning to taste. You can add more later as the sauce thickens.
6. Add heavy cream. Allow to cook until sauce thickens (about 5 minutes).
7. Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
*** You can mix up the veggies in the pasta. I love to add zucchini to mine when the mood strikes.
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper (if you have it, if not, don't fret)
1 tsp cayenne pepper (or less depending on how much heat you can handle)
4 1/2 tsp paprika
2 1/2 tsp salt
Make a batch and save it in a little jar or baggie. This can be used on tons of different stuf