Thursday, February 26, 2009
I love pasta, but my husband doesn't enjoy having Spaghetti or Lasagna for dinner. He will eat these stuffed shells though. Good thing because I love them! Pasta and cheese, two things that were meant for each other.
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (32 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Do not overcook! Soggy shells are hard to work with.
3. In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta, half the mozzarella, half the Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper until well combined. Stuff cooked shells with ricotta mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together pasta sauce, and reserved mozzarella and Parmesan. Pour over stuffed shells.
5. Bake in preheated oven 45 to 60 minutes, until edges are bubbly and shells are slightly set.