Saturday, April 10, 2010
1 8 oz package lasagna noodles
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
8 oz frozen chopped spinach
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I recommend Wild Harvest Organic Pasta Sauces)
2 cups ricotta cheese
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, in a sauce pot over medium heat saute onion in the olive oil. Add the garlic and continue to saute for another minute. Add oregano, basil and spaghetti sauce (reserve a little to put in the bottom of the pan) and the spinach; simmer 10 minutes.
4. In a large bowl mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and egg. Reserve some of the mozzarella to top of the lasagna.
5. Place a small amount of reserved spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Place 4 cooked noodles on top of sauce and top with layer of spinach mixture. Add 4 more noodles and layer with half of the cheese mixture, put more of the spinach mixture on top of that. Add 4 more noodles and repeat with the cheese mixture and spinach mixture. Add 4 more noodles, add the spinach mixture and top with mozzarella.
5. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes.