Friday, May 7, 2010
This is a delicious, mild cream sauce you can use over pasta or meat.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat; add the sage leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Whisk corn starch into butter.
3. Pour in the heavy cream and chicken broth and cook until it begins to thicken; about 3-5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to serve.