Monday, September 14, 2009
I love leek and potato soup. Not only is it a rich, creamy, delicious souP, it also uses leeks which makes it sound sort of fancy. It is super easy too. Makes great leftovers.
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
2 leeks, sliced (you eat the stem, not the leafs)
1 quart chicken broth
2 T cornstarch
4 cups diced potatoes (I like yukon gold for this soup)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Cook leeks in butter and 1 tsp salt about 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
3. Stir cornstarch into leek mixture. Add broth and mix it all together.
4. Add potatoes and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and add cream and 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
6. Simmer 30 minutes.