This is my go to recipe for brunches or anytime you need an impressive breakfast dish. It's easy, it's quick, it's tasty, and it looks like you know what you are doing. It can also be made ahead.
1 box puff pastry dough (1.1 lb.) Thaw according to package directions.
2 T butter
½ C diced onion
1 C frozen hash browns
1 C red or green bell peppers, diced
4 oz cream cheese
2 T fresh chives (or 1 tsp dry)
2 T orange juice
1 egg, beaten
1 T water
2 T Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add potatoes and saute 5 minutes.
2. Add bell pepper and onion. Saute 3.
3. Whisk eggs, chives, salt and pepper (to taste) together. Add to the pan and cook, stirring, until just set.
4. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese and juice. Stir to combine.
5. Unfold pastry and roll to 10“ x 12”. Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly mark dough lengthwise, in thirds. On each outside section, cut 8 slices.
6. Fill the center section with half the egg mixture. Fold the strips, right then left, over the egg to form a rbaid.
7. Beat the single egg and 1 T water. Brush on the strudel. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
8. Bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.